Aims and Objectives
1. To organise community festivals and in particular an Annual Diversity Festival;
2. To promote and support communities to participate in Arts, Cultural, and Heritage activities, and to make use of this medium as a tool to promote social inclusion and community cohesion;
3. To promote Cultural Diversity as an integral part of Rotherham’s identity;
4. To work alongside and with other organisations and individuals to build and develop creative talent within the region.
Rotherham Cultural Group which organises the Rotherham Diversity Festival is committed to taking positive steps to ensure that;
* All people are treated with dignity and respect, valuing the diversity of all.
* Equality of opportunity and diversity is promoted.
* Services are accessible, appropriate and delivered fairly to all;
* The mix of its employees, volunteers and management committees reflects, as far as possible, the broad mix of the population of Rotherham;
* Traditionally disadvantaged sections of the community are encouraged to participate in policy decisions about, and the management of the services provided.
Vulnerable Adults Policy Statement and Procedures
The management of Rotherham Diversity Festival recognises that the protection and safety of vulnerable adults is everyone’s responsibility. Rotherham Diversity Festival defines a vulnerable adult based on the law commission’s definition, that is a person who:
‘is or may be in need of community care services by reason of mental or other disability, age or illness; and who is or may be unable to take care of him or herself against significant harm or exploitation.’
Rotherham Diversity Festival is not a vulnerable adult agency but will follow all procedures that are consistent with local area vulnerable adult Protection procedures.
Child Protection Mission Statement
The Rotherham Cultural Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people in your care or creating and maintaining a safe environment for children and young people.
Our Sponsors are below. Please click on the pictures for more infomation.